1. Heat oil in a sauté pan, sear tofu until golden brown and crispy on all sides. Remove from the pan then set aside.
2. On the same pan, add garlic, onions and tomato. Sauté until garlic is aromatic and the onions are translucent. Add salt and brown sugar.
3. Add bagoong, sauté, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Add pepper.
4. Add tofu and water. Bring to a boil and simmer for 5 mins or until it is almost dry. Set aside.
5. Boil pechay, eggplant and sitaw in a boiling water with chicken or pork cubes. Set aside.
6. Heat oil in a sauté pan, add annatto seeds. Heat for about a minute or two, until the color of the oil changes to reddish orange. Remove the annatto seeds. Reserve the oil.
7. On the same pan, sauté onions and garlic. Season with salt. Sauté until onions are translucent and the garlic is aromatic.
8. Add ¼ cup of broth to the peanut butter. Set aside.
9. When the onions and garlic has been cooked, add rice, sauté until well coated with oil.
10. Add broth. Bring it to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
11. Add the mixture of peanut butter and broth mixture.
12. Lower the heat and let the rice cook for about 10-15 minutes. covered
13. When the rice is cooked through.
14. Place the rice on the bottom of the plate, top with vegetables and Binagoongang Tokwa
15. Serve hot.