1. Season chicken with salt & pepper.
2. Heat half of the oil (2 tbsp) and brown the chicken.Add the ginger and half of the garlic and sauté for 2 minutes. Add patis and simmer for 1 minute.
3. Add 2 liters of water and let boil. Add the malagkit rice and reduce heat to simmer.
4. Cook until porridge is thick and rice is soft. Add water if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
5. To make malunggay pesto, add malunggay leaves, the rest of the garlic, salt & pepper in a mortar and pestle and pound until leaves and garlic become a paste.
6. Use pesto as topping to the cooked Tinola Arroz Caldo.